One of my favorite bloggers, Lisa over at She’s Losing It, nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award! Lisa is amazing and makes me laugh and cry on the regular. She is a writer, actress, mom, wife, blogger and bikini/figure competitor. She is currently prepping for her 3rd show! You should go on over and check out her site.
Blogger awards are meant to encourage people to continue writing and to help promote other blogs just getting started. The Rules: 1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site, 2) post the award on your blog, 3) write 7 things about yourself, 4) nominate other blogs.
Instead of writing 7 things about myself, I thought I would show you 7 things that I am loving lately:
- Podcasts: I love listening to podcasts on my way to and from work. I have about a half hour commute and it is just enough time to learn a lil something. Here are two of my favorites: Balanced Bites (start with episode 46 if you are having hormonal issues like me), and The Jillian Michaels Show.
2. Teas: I am trying really hard to limit my caffeine intake and have started drinking more tea instead of coffee. My new favorite is decaf Constant Comment.
3. The Library! Sometimes I forget how awesome it is to go to the library. Take in the smell of the old books, leaf through ones that may be appealing and then take them home free of charge (of COURSE you have to give them back). One thing that is especially cool about my library is that my grandma used to go there when we were kids. I sometimes pick up Ann Rule true crime novels just to feel the same books that Gram’s hands once held. Makes me miss her so much.
4. YouTube! Need to know how to fix your dishwasher or how to do a proper clean and press? Go to YouTube! It has saved me on several occasions.
5. Pumpkin Pancakes! I am seriously obsessed. I perfected my recipe the other day….. 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour, 1/ cup liquid egg whites, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 tsp baking powder, cinnamon, pinch of salt, and 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder. Just throw it all in one bowl, mix it up and cook like regular pancakes. Trust me. You’re welcome!
6. My epic search for cool sneakers! I have been on Zappos.com every day looking for the perfect pair of cool yet functional sneakers. My vision is red and purple with a really sleek design. If you know of any like that – let me know, K?
7. My garden! My absolute favorite time of day (besides getting to the kid’s school and hearing them say “MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!”), is walking out to my garden and checking out all the cool new growth. I am like a little kid when I see things sprouting…. LOL…. Here are some recent pics!
So, here’s the part where I nominate other bloggers. Here are a few of my faves! Check em out!
Thanks again Lisa for the nomination!!!!! Oh and readers, if you are looking for really cute shirts to work out in….. go to sheslosingit.net and get one of these beauts….