Well hello there Mr. Chocolate Cake!
Wanted to share my Chocolate Raspberry Vegan Protein Bar recipe…. This is my best vegan protein bar yet! I ate one after my workout yesterday and my muscles AND my mouth were very happy!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 flax “eggs” (this is just 2 TBSP of ground flax seeds blended with 6 TBSP of water until the mixture is goopy)
- 1/2 cup stevia (I used the stevia that you can bake with that measures like sugar BUT NOT THE SUGAR BLEND!!!!!)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 scoops PlantFusion rasberry chocolate protein powder (you can use any chocolate vegan protein powder you want really but the raspberry gives a really nice flavor!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
Preheat oven to 350 F
Make your flax “eggs” and let sit.
Mix all of the dry ingredients and then in a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (including your flax “eggs”). Combine the wet and dry ingredients until well mixed.
You can pour this into a 9×9 baking square pan or you can do what I did and make square “muffins” by using a bar pan. Either way, they will be delish.
Bake for 25 minutes (test for done-ness – your oven time may vary).
Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: Per “Bar”
- 122 Calories
- 2.5g Fat
- 13g Carbs
- 10g Protein