I have been searching for the perfect recipe for vegan protein bars and have not really had much success. I wanted to make them soy-free (some people have soy allergies so I wanted them to be able to be eaten by the masses) and I wanted them to be as delicious as the protein bars that I had made in the past with whey protein.
By George, I think I’ve done it!
Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin (or fresh for you overachievers, but do not use pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 Flax “eggs” (you can find out how to make them here)
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (coconut milk may work here too)
- 1/2 cup of erythritol or stevia powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3 scoops of your favorite vegan protein powder. I used 2 scoops of Life’s Basics Vanilla and 1 scoop of Plant Fusion Vanilla.
Mix the pumpkin, erythritol (or stevia), flax “eggs” and almond milk in a bowl. Once combined, add the protein powder, flour, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well until fully combined.
Pour into a sprayed 9×9 pan and bake for 45 minutes. Cut into 9 squares.
Nutrition Information Per Bar: