Lisa over at She’s Losing It nominated me for a Liebster award!This is an award for up-and-coming bloggers to encourage them to continue. Thank you so much Lisa!!!!
Here’s what I have to do: Post 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me and nominate new bloggers.
11 Facts about me:
Hm… let’s make this as random as possible, shall we?
1. I was born in Elizabeth, NJ
2. My favorite band of all time is The Cure
3. I love red nail polish
4. My favorite food right now is lentils…. yum!
5. I HATE reviewing documents on the computer. I need to print them out. Not exactly earth friendly, so I am working on it….
6. When I was is high school, I was around 60 pounds overweight. I was in the orchestra and played the viola…. 18 years later, I stood on the exact same stage, in the same spot where I used to sit in the orchestra, but this time…. I wore a bikini. Gotta love growing up!
Oh and wait! The next year, I DID IT AGAIN!
7. I could take or leave alcohol. It just really isn’t that appealing to me. But, don’t get me started on my love affair with coffee.
8. My favorite flowers are gerbera daisies.
9. I work for the same company that my dad worked for for 30 years. My parents met there…. on the INTRANET 🙂
10. Speaking of my dad, he was my rock and my hero. He died from having gastric bypass surgery and I swore that his death would be my platform to not only become healthier, but to help others get healthy.
11. Thanks for reading this! I am grateful!
My 11 Questions to Answer:
- How did you get interested in your favorite sport?
I guess my “sport” is bodybuilding. I became interested when my friend Krystal shared her photos of her bodybuilding competitions on Facebook. One look at her toned, lifted tush and I wanted to know how to do it! So, she trained me and I got on stage! Here we are right before we went on stage and a picture of us TOGETHER on stage!
2. If you saw your friend about to quit, what would you say to her?
Wow- I have actually had this happen recently and I told her that she probably should quit. It is unlike me not to be a cheerleader and get someone to get up and keep going, but in some instances, you have to let them know that sometimes quitting is an honorable thing to do if it is the healthiest thing for them. And then support them to get going on their next goal 🙂
DARE! BRING IT!
4. If there was a fight between Superman and Mighty Mouse who would you root for?
Hm…. good question. It depends on what they were fighting about. And then I would root for the underdog.
5. Why did you start blogging?
I love reading blogs and I thought that it would be fun to start one of my own. Now I have two! 🙂
6. What are your goals for next year?
I have been thinking about competing next year in a bikini comp on a vegan diet. I would also like to submit to the “Oxygen” magazine’s “Are You Next” page. I would like to show people that you can be vegan and super fit! I have another goal that I have been seriously considering, but that requires a MAJOR career move! Super exciting (it requires a business plan!!! 🙂 )
7. If you could choose between never having to sleep or being able to read people’s minds, which would you choose and why?
I would never want to read people’s minds. I like a little mystery. I could get SO much done if I didn’t have to sleep!
8. What is your favorite TV show?
Homeland on Showtime. Ahhhhmazing!
9. What is the very coolest thing you did between the ages of 7 and 14?
Does orchestra camp count? Geez I was a boring child!
10. Which exercise gives the best result?
Sprints. Hands down the best for fat loss!
11. Do you have any superstitions before a big game/event?
Well, I hate to admit this, but before I would audition for orchestra placements, I would listen to the song “Red Red Wine”. Keep laughing… I know..
So, I am supposed to nominate other bloggers, but the bloggers that I follow are all “seasoned” and already have a huge following, so they would think it weird if I nominated them for an award for bloggers just starting out. So, yes, I am totally lame and I cannot follow rules. BUT, here is a list of blogs that I absolutely adore. Please check them out and share in the blog love!
11. One Fit Foodie
14. Marathon Mom